Spread the word about diabetes in November!
World Diabetes Day is a global occasion on which people with diabetes, health professionals, diabetes advocates, media, the general public and government organisations unite to raise awareness of diabetes. Your participation – both in the build-up to and following 14 November – is key to the success of the campaign. Taking part can be exciting and hugely rewarding!
The theme for World Diabetes Day 2021-23 is Access to Diabetes Care. The focus of the campaign in 2023 is on delaying or preventing type 2 diabetes and diabetes-related complications, with the slogan “Know your risk, Know your response.”
You can support the call and raise awareness of the need for more diabetes education in a number of ways:
- Share our type 2 diabetes risk assessment tool to help individuals find out their risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Take and share our education courses: boost your diabetes knowledge with free courses and training from the IDF School of Diabetes.
- Display our visual assets: download and display posters, infographics and banners in your community.
- Organise an event: walk in blue for diabetes, light up a local landmark or arrange a local diabetes fair. Submit your activities and images online.
- Share a blue circle selfie: take a photo with the diabetes blue circle and share your diabetes story online.
If your region or community is observing physical distancing guidelines due to COVID-19, you can arrange online activities.
Exercise in blue
Regular physical activity is an important part of diabetes management and reducing the risk of type 2 diabetes. Whether indoors or outdoors, every step counts to help stay healthy!
Join the Global Diabetes Walk, an initiative created by the World Diabetes Foundation in support of World Diabetes Day. Take to the streets to raise awareness of the impact of diabetes and the importance of physical activity. If outdoor activities in your community are restricted, walk or exercise in your home or workplace and encourage your friends, family and colleagues to join in.
Whichever way you exercise make sure to wear blue and show your support for #WorldDiabetesDay and the #EducationToProtect campaign.
Follow World Diabetes Day 2023 on the following channels: