Spread the word about diabetes in November!
World Diabetes Day is a global occasion on which people with diabetes, health professionals, diabetes advocates, media, the general public and government organisations unite to raise awareness of diabetes. Your participation – both in the build-up to and following 14 November 2020 – is key to the success of the campaign and taking part can be exciting and hugely rewarding!
If your region or community is observing physical distancing guidelines due to COVID-19, you can set up online activities.
Here are some ideas of how you can get involved:
- Organise a diabetes information session for residents in your community
- Organise a ‘Learn about diabetes’ event in schools or through online learning platforms
- Exercise in blue or join the Global Diabetes Walk
- Help people learn their potential risk of type 2 diabetes with our online test
- Organise a themed activity with your healthcare team
- Arrange an activity with your work colleagues
- Organise, sponsor or take part in a local diabetes fair
- Keep COVID-19 physical distancing restrictions in mind and hold events remotely
Precautions against COVID-19
- Wash hands thoroughly and regularly
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands
- Disinfect objects and surfaces that are touched frequently
- Don’t share food, glasses, towels, etc.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or the crook of your arm when you cough or sneeze
- Avoid contact with people showing respiratory illness symptoms
- If you are ill with flu-like symptoms, stay at home