Spread the word about diabetes in November!
World Diabetes Day is a global occasion on which people with diabetes, health professionals, diabetes advocates, media, the general public and government organisations unite to raise awareness of diabetes. Your participation – both in the build-up to and following 14 November – is key to the success of the campaign. Taking part can be exciting and hugely rewarding!
The theme for World Diabetes Day 2021-23 is Access to Diabetes Care.
How you can get involved
- Pledge your support for greater access to diabetes care by supporting our online petition.
- Engage a local or national policy-maker to ensure that all people with diabetes have access to the care they need.
- Organise a ‘Learn about diabetes’ event in schools.
- Organise or participate in a local diabetes awareness walk.
- Light up a local landmark, your home or workplace in blue.
- Arrange an activity with your work colleagues.
- Help people learn their potential risk of type 2 diabetes with our online test.
If your region or community is observing physical distancing guidelines due to COVID-19, you can set up online activities.
Exercise in blue
Regular physical activity is an important part of diabetes management and reducing the risk of type 2 diabetes. Whether indoors or outdoors, every step counts to help stay healthy!
Join the Global Diabetes Walk, an initiative created by the World Diabetes Foundation in support of World Diabetes Day. Take to the streets – if circumstances allow – to raise awareness of the impact of diabetes and the importance of physical activity. If outdoor activities in your community are restricted, walk or exercise in your home or workplace and encourage your friends, family and colleagues to join in.
Whichever way you exercise make sure to wear blue and show your support for #WorldDiabetesDay and the #IfNotNowWhen campaign.
Support WDD online
- Share the WDD campaign messages
- Promote the WDD petition. Link available soon.
- Promote the WDD website
- Promote the campaign on social media – like, share and retweet! Stay tuned for our Instagram filter!
- Promote the campaign on your website.
- Share WDD resources on your website or through social media.
- Take a blue circle selfie and share it on social media channels.
- Submit your WDD activity information and images.